I don't remember where I first saw this recipe, but I made it years ago as written with swiss cheese as the original recipe called for. My hubby and kids aren't huge swiss cheese fans so it just got a 'meh' out of them. I saw the recipe again last week and decided to try it with their fave cheese (provolone!) and it got rave reviews! #winning It is seriously one of the easiest meals I have ever put together. We served it over white rice with steamed broccoli as a side and everyone was super happy! I do have to add that this meal is a lot higher in sodium that what we are used to. Please make sure to use unsalted butter in the recipe and do not season your rice. There will be plenty of salt in this dish without it from the stuffing, soup and cheese!
Easy Provolone Chicken Bake adapted recipe source
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
sliced provolone cheese (I used 2 slices per breast because we <3 cheese!)
1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup milk
6 oz package of stovetop chicken flavor stuffing mix
1/2 cup UNSALTED butter, melted
Cooked rice or egg noodles for serving
1. Place chicken breast in a greased 13x9 baking dish.
2. Top each breast with 2 slices provolone cheese.
3. Combine milk and cream of chicken soup and spread over top of cheese.
4. Sprinkle stuffing mix all over the top of the dish.
5. Drizzle melted butter over stuffing mix.
6. Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes to crisp up the stuffing topping.
7. Serve over rice or noodles