Luscious Lemon Poke Cake
The other day, we had a mid week celebration! My hubby finished up a huge art history paper (He works 2 jobs AND goes to school so he is basically my hero) I surprised him with a brand new grill he has been wanting and we BBQ’d!
On our menu was
This cake was so incredibly delicious and easy! You have to make it for your next BBQ!
- 1 box white cake mix (plus ingredients to make the cake, I substitute milk for the water and melted unsalted butter for the oil, to give it more of a rich, homemade taste)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (6 oz) JELL-O Lemon Flavor Gelatin
- 1 package (3.4 oz) JELL-O Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 3 cups thawed cool whip topping
- 1/2 package of regular sized golden oreos crushed
Prepare cake in a 13x9 pan according to package directions. Poke holes in cake with large fork at 1/2 inch intervals.
In a bowl, add boiling water to gelatin mix. Stir until completely dissolved and carefully pour over cake. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
Beat pudding mix and milk in a large bowl with a whisk. Stir in Cool Whip. Spread over the top of the cake. Top with crushed oreos and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.