Crispy Onion & Gravy Smothered Pork Chops
Meet Harvey Bee! He is a 7 week old Golden Retriever and we are SO in love already!
I am not sure which one tired the other out more 😉
Don’t worry though, I am not going to post ONLY cute puppy photos. I do have an amazing recipe to share with you that I made last week! These Southern Style Smothered Pork Chops may be my favorite pork chop recipe so far! They were so unbelievably tender!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4-inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 Tbsp oil plus more for frying as needed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream, divided
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
Place flour, salt & pepper in a large ziplock bag. Add pork chops one at a time and shake to coat.
Add oil to a large skillet and brown pork chops on both sides in 2 batches. Add more oil as needed to fry the second batch. Arrange pork chops in a single layer in a large casserole dish. (Mine didn’t fit in a 13×9 like the recipe stated so maybe my chops were too big? I ended up using a larger pan and it worked fine)
In a large bowl, combine soup, 1/2 cup of the sour cream, broth, ginger and rosemary. Pour over chops. Sprinkle with half the french fried onions.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until tender. Spread remaining sour cream over the chops and sprinkle with the rest of the french fried onions. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes or until onions are browned. Enjoy!