Nana’s Ground Beef & Vegetable Soup
The very first thing my hubby said when he found out I was working on a Fall Soups & Stews round up for Rocket City Mom was, ‘You gotta include my Mama’s soup!’ I showed him my list and it was the very first one on it! We LOVE this soup! Served with a grilled cheese and you have a PERFECT Fall or Winter meal!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz can tomatoes with juice
- 46 oz can tomato juice
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced in bite size pieces
- 28 oz canned green beans or lima beans, drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans corn drained
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- seasoned salt or salt & pepper to taste
In a dutch oven or large soup pot, brown ground beef with onion. Drain off grease, but leave a couple of Tbsp for flavor. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes, juice, potatoes, drained beans, drained corn and beef bouillon. Bring to a boil and cover and reduce heat to medium/medium low (a slight bubble). Cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Season to taste and serve with grilled cheese!