Beef Stew with Beer and Paprika
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP unsalted Butter
- 2 lbs Stew Meat
- 4 Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz beer
- 6 cups water
- 4 cubes beef bouillon
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt (after it was cooked and ready to serve, I tasted for seasoning and added an additional 1/2 tsp of salt for a total of 1 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp white granulated Sugar
- 4 Russet Potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- chopped fresh Italian Parsley
Make sure stew meat is in bite size pieces. Heat oil and butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Brown meat in three batches, setting aside on a plate when brown.
Add carrots to the pot and cook for 3 minutes. Next add the onions to the carrots and continue cooking for a couple minutes more. Add the garlic and stir an additional minute. Pour in beer and water, then add beef bouillon, Worcestershire, tomato paste, paprika, 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, and sugar. Add beef back into the pot. Stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Add potatoes. Then cover and cook an additional 30 minutes or until potatoes are done to your liking. Turn heat off and let it sit covered at room temperature for 1-2 hours. This REALLY made it taste out of this world delicious. I also added another 1/2 tsp of salt at this point after I checked the seasonings, for a total of 1 tsp of salt. Top with lots of fresh chopped parsley and serve with some grilled cheese for dipping and ENJOY!!!!