Smoked Sausage Alfredo
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Sour Cream Noodle Bake
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake
- Preacher’s Macaroni Casserole
- Southwest Chicken Alfredo
If you have never made homemade Alfredo, you are in for a treat. Both with how simple it is and tasty! This Smoked Sausage Alfredo is smoky, decadent and creamy. Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning gives it just the right amount of heat and it’s on the table in under 30 minutes. I hope you try this recipe and let me know what you think!
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Thinly Sliced
- 1 lb Smoked Sausage, sliced (We use Hillshire Farm)
- 6 TBSP Butter
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (The kind in the can works best instead of freshly grated)
- 1 tsp Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- Parsley for garnish
- 12 oz Penne Noodles, Cooked al dente with 1/4 cup pasta water reserved for sauce
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Add Bell peppers and onions and let them sit for 1 minute without stirring, then turn them over and cook the other side for 1 minute. You want them to get a little bit of char on them, Brown food tastes good 🙂
Add the smoked sausage to the peppers and onion and brown it, stirring as little as necessary.
After the sausage, onions and peppers are finished cooking, set the pan to the side.
Prepare your noodles to al dente, according to package directions.
Save out 1/4 cup of your pasta water to use in the alfredo sauce. While noodles are cooking, start your alfredo sauce.
Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
Add shallots and saute until tender.
Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring often, until sauce has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes.
Stir in Parmesan cheese, creole seasoning and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water.
Remove from heat.
Toss noodles with Alfredo sauce and top with reserved Smoked Sausage, Peppers and Onions.
Garnish with Parsley and ENJOY!