Honey Pecan Glazed Fried Chicken Breast
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, pounded to 1/2 inch thick
- 6 tablespoons honey
Combine flour, salt, peppers and garlic powder in a shallow baking dish.
Pour the buttermilk into a separate dish.
Dredge the chicken first in the flour, then in the buttermilk, then back through the flour.
Heat about three inches of oil in a skillet or pot to 350 degrees.
Fry breasts in batches until golden brown. Flip over and continue to fry until both sides are evenly golden and/or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 170 F.
Melt the butter in a saucepan to make the glaze.
Add pecans and heat together quickly.
Stir in the honey and pour the glaze over the chicken and serve.