White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup peppermint crunch baking chips
- Coarse sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray cookie sheet with pam.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or in a bowl with a hand-held mixer, beat together the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, and sugar until creamy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each, followed by the vanilla and peppermint extract.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the mixer and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Mix in the white chocolate chips and peppermint chips.
Roll cookie dough into rounded tablespoons and place on the pam sprayed cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with coarse sugar, if using. Bake until edges just begin to turn golden, about 9-11 minutes. Let cool on the sheet pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.