Jalapeno-Chicken Crescent Pinwheels
If you are a cream cheese/jalapeno/cilantro fan this appetizer is for you! I can not get enough of these things! You can prep the cream cheese mixture the day before to save time the day of a party, then sit back and watch how fast these things disappear!
Jalapeno-Chicken Crescent Pinwheels (source)
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh jalapeno (seeds removed)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (2 medium)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix all ingredients except dough until well blended; set aside.
Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into 2 long rectangles. Place 1 rectangle on long cutting board; press perforations to seal.
Spread half of cream cheese mixture on dough rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edges.
Starting with one long side, roll up rectangle; press seam to seal. (I like to freeze the rolled up dough for 10 -20 minutes to make it easier to slice) Cut roll into 16 slices; place slices, cut side down, on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough rectangle.
Bake 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm or room temperature