White Chicken Enchiladas Casserole
Y’all know how much we love a good casserole! I found this recipe in a cookbook my mother in law gave me and had to give it a go. It turned out super delish! It was mild enough for my heat sensitive little one and got thumbs up all around. I prefer more spice so I added lots of salsa and fresh jalapeno to my portion and it was PERFECT! This is a great recipe to prep the day before or morning of then just pop it in the oven when ready to bake.
- 1 (11 oz) package tortilla chips, crushed
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10.75 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- Seasoning to taste (I used lawry's seasoning salt and garlic powder)
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, divided
- Toppings such as: salsa, fresh jalapenos, green onions, cilantro etc....
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place crushed chips in the bottom of a greased 13×9 pan. In a medium bowl combine chicken, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, milk, green chilies, onion, seasonings and 1/2 cup of cheese. Pour evenly over chips and top with the rest of the cheese. Cover loosely and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10-15. Serve with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!